Civil society group Alliance for Social Equity and Public Accountability (ASEPA) is demanding answers from Ghana’s Minister of Finance, Mr Ken Ofori-Atta, the relationship between KRL International and his ministry.
The Ministry of Finance signed its first agreement with KRL for consultancy services on 28 June 2017, to provide consultancy services in support of the Ministry’s work in the United States and the international community in the area of strategic communications, investment promotion and government relations.
But ASEPA is not satisfied, as an article on the website of Open Source Investigations (OSI) carried on other local electronic and print media, cited documents which KRL filed with the U.S. Department of Justice in 2016 and 2017 to infer that KRL International was providing services for a Ghanaian political party while being paid by the government of Ghana.
It also said KRL admitted that it was proud of its relationship and support for the Finance Ministry and will continue to offer its support for key initiatives such as the 1-district-1-factory, Planting for Food and Jobs, Ghana Beyond Aid and resource mobilisation for COVID-19.
ASEPA, therefore, in a letter to the Ministry of Finance, is demanding the following information pursuant to the Right to Information Act 2019 (ACT 989).
– Is there an existing contract between the Ministry of Finance and KRL international? If yes, can we have a copy of the agreement or contract?
– How is the ministry paying for the job done by KRL?
– How much is KRL being paid for their services? Kindly specify details of all payment made so far to KRL
– Can the ministry provide us with evidence of any work done by KRL on the following projects: Planting for Food and Jobs, 1 District 1 Factory, Ghana Beyond Aid, resource mobilization for COVID-19.
– Has the Ministry paid KRL for any services KRL international has remembered to the New Patriotic Party of any person or entity affiliated to the New Patriotic Party (NPP)?
– Did the Ministry obtain approval from PPA to enter into a contract with KRL international? If yes, kindly enclose a copy of the PPA approval.
– Did the ministry obtain parliamentary approval for the contract with KRL international? If yes, kindly specify details of the said approval.