The National Democratic Congress (NDC) has said the recent infrastructural achievements touted by Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia at the government’s achievements fair held a few days ago are a bunch of lies.
“The presentation Ghanaians were fed with by the failed economic Messiah turned Mr Digitisation, who has earned the dubious reputation of engaging in the worst kind of deception and political chicanery, Dr Bawumia, lacked candour and was full of deliberate distortions of facts calculated to deceive the unsuspecting public”, Mr Sammy Gyamfi, National Communication Officer of the NDC said at the party’s weekly press briefing on Monday, 24 August 2020.
“The whole presentation by Dr Bawumia was a cocktail of blatant falsehoods, ghost projects, stolen projects and shockingly, mediocre accomplishments, which will not pass for the achievements of a rural assemblyman let alone a government that has had access to an unprecedented resource envelop of over GHS370 billion in the last three and half years”, Mr Gyamfi noted.
Read the NDC’s full statement below:
ELEVENTH (11TH) EDITION OF THE NDC’S WEEKLY PRESS BRIEFING ADDRESSED BY COMRADE SAMMY GYAMFI ESQ., NATIONAL COMMUNICATION OFFICER, AT THE NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS OF THE NDC ON MONDAY, 24TH AUGUST, 2020.
OFFICIAL RESPONSE TO THE NUMEROUS LIES PEDDELED BY THE VICE PRESIDENT, DR. MAHAMODU BAWUMIA ON THE INFRASTRUCTURE RECORD OF THE AKUFO ADDO-GOVERNMENT, DURING A RECENT TOWN HALL MEETING AND LAUNCH OF GOVERNMENT DELIVERY TRACKER IN ACCRA.
Good morning distinguished ladies and gentlemen of the media. You are welcome to today’s press briefing which will focus on the claims made by the Vice President, Dr. Bawumia during government’s recent Town Hall meeting in Accra and the NPP’s 2020 manifesto that was launched over the weekend.
The NDC has always been at the forefront of accounting to Ghanaians for their trust anytime we find ourselves in government. As torchbearers of probity and accountability, the NDC acknowledges the duty of every government to account to the people for their mandate and stewardship. Therefore in principle, we have no qualms about the decision by the Akufo Addo-government to showcase its achievements through the Results Fair they held in Accra last week Tuesday.
However, the presentation Ghanaians were fed with by the failed economic messiah turned “Mr. Digitisation”, who has earned the dubious reputation of engaging in the worst kind of political deception and chicanery, Dr. Bawumia, lacked candour and was full of deliberate distortions of facts calculated to deceive the unsuspecting public. The whole presentation was a cocktail of blatant falsehoods, ghost projects, “stolen” projects and shockingly mediocre accomplishments which will not even pass for the achievements of a rural Assemblyman, let alone a government that has had access to an unprecedented resource envelop of GHS370 billion.
BLATANT FALSEHOODS PEDDELED BY DR. BAWUMIA
Distinguished friends from the media, the Vice President peddled a lot of downright lies during his presentation which we shall disproof this morning through an evidence-based exposition, so that the Ghanaian people will come to know this deceptive Akufo-Addo government for who they really are.
First, Bawumia’s claim at page 56 of his speech that only 29 community Day SHS (E-Blocks) had been completed by 7th January 2017 when the erstwhile Mahama government handed over power to the Akufo Addo-government is false.
Ladies and Gentlemen, our handing over notes supported by final payment certificates raised by the contractors who executed and completed those projects show that 46 and not 29 E-Blocks had been completed by the Mahama government at the time of exiting office. This incontrovertible fact was corroborated was by the NPP’s own Minister of Education, Mathew Opoku Prempeh in an interview on “Ekosisen” on Asempa Fm on 6th March, 2017. The claim by the NPP that some of the completed projects had not been furnished, hence were uncompleted is ridiculous as furnishing is not part of the construction process or scope of construction works of the E-Block school projects.
Second, the claim by Dr. Bawumia on page 14 of his speech that the NDC did not complete any major road project in both the Upper East and Upper West regions is a barefaced lie. Contrary to this false assertion, the facts show that within that period, the following major road projects were executed and completed in the Upper East and Upper West regions:
• The Bolgatanga – Bongo road connecting Bolgatanga Municipality to Bongo District was completed.
• The Winkogo – Tongo road connecting Bolgatanga Municipality to Talensi District was completed.
• The Nadowli – Babile – Lawra road was initiated and completed by the NDC.
• Gwollu Town roads in Sissala West.
These are but a few of the several road projects which were executed by the Mills/Mahama administration in the two Regions referenced by Dr. Buwumia between the period 2009 to 2016. His claim that the NDC failed to complete a single major road project in the two regions between 2009-2016 is therefore false.
GHOST (NONEXISTENT) PROJECTS LISTED BY DR. BAWUMIA AND GOVERNMENT’S DELIVERY TRACKER AS ACHIEVEMENTS
Ladies and Gentlemen, after painstaking investigations into the claims made by Dr Bawumia at the Town Hall Meeting and the delivery tracker which was launched at the program, we have identified hundreds ghost (nonexistent) projects and thousands of “stolen” Mahama and private-owned projects. For want of space and time, we will limit ourselves to a few examples and support most of them with pictorial and video evidence to demonstrate this point.
1. Bawumia’s claim at page 41 of his speech that this government is constructing 13 housing units at Sekondi (Ituma Estate) which is about 70% complete is a figment of his own imagination as same does not exist anywhere in the Sekondi metropolis.
2. Bawumia’s claim on page 41 of his speech that this government is constructing 500 housing units at Sefwi Wiawso which is 20% complete is palpable falsehood, as no such project exist.
3. The claim at page 40 of Bawumia’s speech that this government is constructing 120 affordable housing units in the Talensi District of the Upper East region which is 20% complete is yet another lie, as no such project exist.
4. Dromankese town roads in the Bono East region have not been tarred as claimed by government’s “delivery tracker”. This is a big insult to the Chiefs and people of Dromankese in the Nkoranza area of the Bono East Region who are enduring untold hardship due to the poor nature of their roads.
5. The claim on government’s “delivery tracker” that this government has rehabilitated the Anyinabrim Primary School in the Sefwi Wiawso Municipality is yet another lie. No such rehabilitation has been undertaken at the said school.
6. The claim on government’s delivery tracker that the Akufo Addo-government has constructed an Astroturf in the Adenta constituency is another palpable falsehood, as no such project exists on the ground.
7. The claim on government’s delivery tracker of complete electrification of Ananekrom and Pataban townships in the Asante Akyem North Constituency of the Ashanti region is a lie. No such project has been undertaken by this government, as the two towns don’t have electricity as we speak.
8. The claim on government’s delivery tracker of having constructed the Asuoso-Derma-Techimantia road in the Bono East Region as captured by government’s delivery tracker is yet another palpable falsehood, as no such road exists anywhere in the referenced area.
9. The claim on government’s delivery tracker about Re-roofing of the cluster of schools at Akanteng in the Eastern region is a lie. No such project has been undertaken by this government.
10. The claim on government’s delivery tracker about an ongoing 1D1F Palm Oil Processing factory in West Akim is a lie. No such project exists.
11. The claim on government’s delivery tracker about an ongoing construction of solar-powered water system at Dindani in the East Mamprusi Municipality (Nalerigu/Gambaga) is a lie. No such project can be found in and around Dindani.
12. The claim on the delivery tracker about ongoing construction of a water system at Zangu-Vuga in the East Mamprusi Municipality (Nalerigu/Gambaga) is a lie. As a matter of fact, Zangu-Vuga is in the West Mamprusi Municipality and not East Mamprusi Municipality as claimed. But yet again, there is no such project in Zangu-Vuga in the West Mamprusi Municipality (Walewale) as claimed. Ladies and gentlemen, it is instructive to note that, even in Walewale, the Vice President’s hometown, Dr Bawumia is conjuring nonexistent projects which is an insult to his own kinsmen and people.
13. The claim on government’s delivery tracker that government has constructed and completed a 1V1D project at Zandua in the West Mamprusi Municipality is false, as no such community exists in the West Mamprusi Municipality.
14. The claim about an ongoing construction of a six (6) seater toilet block for St. Thomas Senior High/Tech at Asamankese in West Akim Municipality is another ghost project, as nothing like that exists on the ground.
15. The claim that there is an ongoing construction of a 12-unit classroom block for Pentecost SHS at Akropong in the Akuapem North Municipality is false, as no such project exist.
16. The claim of having completed a 10-seater toilet facility at Ahibenso in Bodi District is a lie, as no such project exist.
17. Also, the claim that this government has completed the Construction of 1 NO. 6 Units Classroom Block with Auxiliary Facilities at Debiso in the Bia West constituency is a lie, as no such project exist.
18. The claim of having completed the construction of a 16-seater water closet and 4 shower facility in selected communities in Bia West is also a lie, as no such project exist.
19. The claim about ongoing construction of a 2-storey dormitory block for Ghana Senior High School at Damango in the West Gonja Municipality is a fabricated lie, as no such school exists.
20. The claim about construction of a 6-unit classroom block at Jamara in the Asikuma-Odoben-Brakwa Constituency is a lie, as no such project exist.
21. No Power Supply System at Afofosu in the Asikuma-Odoben-Brakwa Constituency exist contrary to claims by government’s delivery tracker.
22. The claim of a 10-seater WC toilet at Anwhiam in the Asikuma-Odoben-Brakwa Constituency does not exist.
23. The claim of a 10-seater WC toilet at Asikuma is a palpable lie.
24. The claim of Abamkrom Clinic in the Agona West Constituency of the Central region as contained on government’s delivery tracker is a ghost project.
25. The claim by the so-called delivery tracker that the Akufo-Addo government has completed the construction of the Anum Primary school at Anum Apapam in the Asuogyaman District in the Eastern region is a lie. There is no town in Asuogyaman called Anum Apapam, and there is no block constructed by the NPP in Anum Presbyterian Primary School at the Anum that we know in Asuogyaman.
26. The Claim of construction works at Dabala market is a lie. There is no such construction work ongoing in the Dabala market as claimed by the NPP on their website.
Friends from the media, one thing that is clear from the above undisputed facts we have provided is that the Akufo-Addo government has very little to show for all the unprecedented resources (GHS370 billion) that has accrued to them, such that they have resorted to conjuring nonexistent projects as achievements. This display of odious dishonesty by President Akufo Addo and his Vice, Dr Bawumia, is an insult to the good people of Ghana who have endured their misgovernance and insensitive policies in the last three and half years.
STOLEN MAHAMA AND PRIVATE-OWNED PROJECTS
Distinguished friends from the media, apart from the hundreds of ghost (nonexistent) projects claimed by Dr. Bawumia and government’s delivery tracker as achievements, there are equally thousands of Mahama and private-owned projects that have been appropriated by the 419 Akufo-Addo government. However, for the sake of brevity, we shall cite a few verifiable examples to illustrate this point.
1. Ongoing construction of 2No. 6-unit classroom blocks with auxiliaries, borehole, and 10-seated micro-flush toilet at Soronowse/Kwaedenden in the Tain District. This project was fully-funded and executed by the Rotary Club.
2. Completed 3 unit classroom block at Abomayaw in the Asuogyaman District. This project was fully-funded and executed by “Pencil’s of Promise”, an NGO.
3. Completed school block at Surveyline in Asuogyaman District. This project was executed yet again by “Pencil’s of Promise”, the same NGO mentioned above.
4. Completed 3-unit classroom block at Tortibo in Asuogyaman District. This project was fully-funded and constructed yet again by “Pencil’s of Promise”, the same NGO.
5. Completed 1No 6-unit classroom block at Elluokrom. This is a stolen project, as same was awarded and completed by the erstwhile Mahama government.
6. Construction of 12 Lockable stores at Sefwi Debiso. This project was built by the NDC under the Mills administration.
7. Completed Conversion of Existing Ward to Theatre at Dadieso Hospital in the Suaman constituency. This project was done by the Mahama administration.
8. Completion of health directorate bungalow at Sefwi Debiso in the Bia West Constituency. This is also a Mahama project.
9. Completed construction of 8-unit classroom block at Teong in the Tempane District. This school was constructed by the McDan foundation, a Non-Governmental Organisation.
10. Completed construction of Modern livestock market at Possum in Bawku. This project was funded and built by a group of NGOs (Action for Life, Air France and CLIP).
11. Completed CHPS compound at Boadua and Topreman (Akwatia) – This is another NDC project executed under the Mahama regime.
12. Completed 76-unit lockable stores at Asamankese – This is an NDC Project executed under the Mahama regime.
13. Completed Rehabilitation of 3-unit classroom block at Ataaso (Kwahu West – Nkawkaw) – This project was executed by an NGO called Original Volunteers.
14. Yensiso Basic School Rehabilitation (Akuapem North) – This is an NDC Project executed under the Mahama government.
15. 2 Storey 40 Lockable Stores at Srodae(Ho Station – Koforidua)- This is an NDC project executed under President Mahama.
16. Completed Rehabilitation of 3-unit classroom block at Camp-Nsabah (Kwahu West – Nkawkaw) – This project was done by an NGO called Original Volunteers.
17. Six (6)-unit classroom block at Aworodo in the Ajumako Enyan Essiam Constituency. This project was executed and completed by the Social Investment Fund, with Counterpart funding from the District Assembly under the Mahama administration.
18. Two new School Blocks at Breman Fawomanye. These projects were initiated and completed by the Mahama government.
19. Completion of a 6-Unit classroom block at Etsii Abakah. This project was commenced and completed by the Mahama government.
20. Construction of a 6-unit Classroom Block at Breman Bedum. This project was commenced and completed by the Mahama administration.
21. Construction of a 3-unit classroom Block at Brakwa Eshiem. Again, this project was initiated and completed by the John Mahama government.
22. Electricity extension to Assin Donkorkrom, Assin Jerusalem, Assin Camp, Assin Bereku Ninkyiso, Assin Benuye, Assin Atwereboana, Assin Ankaa, Assin Yaw Atta, Assin Kurofofrodo, Assin Kedadwen, Assin Ahasowodze, Assin Aniakragya, Assin Attah Panyin, Assin Techiman, Assin Adu Kwaku and Assin Adabo Twumasi. All these electrification projects in the Assin North Constituency were initiated by the Mills/Mahama administration and completed by the year 2013.
23. The reconstruction of the Essei Lagoon Bridge started in 2011 and completed in 2013.
24. Completed construction of 6-unit classroom block with ancillary facilities at Piiteng in the Wa West Construction. This is false because this project was completed and handed over in June 2016.
25. Completed extension of Electricity at Poyentanga in the Wa West Constituency. This claim is a lie because the Poyentanga Electricity extension was done in 2016, and since then, absolutely nothing has been added.
26. Constructed CHPS Compound at Chum – Lambussie District in the Upper West Region. This is another stolen project because that facility was initiated by the NDC with funding from the 10% salary pay contribution by President Mahama’s appointees.
27. Re-roofing of a classroom block at Chapuri in the Jirapa Municipality, Jirapa. This project was fully sponsored by sons and daughters of Chapuri after every effort to get government support failed. The desperate attempt to claim credit for it is therefore unfortunate.
28. Completed 6-unit Classroom Block at the Akropong School for the blind. This is a daylight theft by the government because that project was constructed by the MTN Ghana Foundation.
29. What is even pathetic is that boreholes, and mechanized water facilities that were fully-funded and executed by the Latter Day Saints Charities in 20 communities in the Sefwi Wiawso municipality such as Bosomoiso, Asawinso, Essakrom, Harunakrom, Kunumah, Aprompi, Brekuline, Abidjanline, Kojohunu, Attohkrom among others and communities in the Offinso North District such as, Akomadan, Nkenkaasu and Nkwankwaa, have all been captured by the deceptive Akufo Addo government as their achievements on their so-called delivery tracker. Could it be that someone took monies from the government for these projects and decided to use these projects which were fully-funded by the Latter Day Saints Charities as a cover-up?
Friends from the media, as we indicated from the outset, there are thousands of such “stolen” projects that were undertaken by the erstwhile Mahama administration and other private entities such as NGO’s, which have been appropriated by the shameless Akufo Addo-Government through their so-called delivery tracker. We wish to humbly urge you in the media who are the fourth estate of the realm to conduct your own independent District by District fact-check of the projects listed by government’s delivery tracker in order to ascertain the truth for yourselves. We have no doubt that your independent checks will confirm the fact that the so-called Government delivery tracker is a scam that cannot be relied upon as a source of credible information by either you in the media or the general public.
FALSE CLAIMS BY DR. BAWUMIA ABOUT COST OF KWAME NKRUMAH INTERCHANGE
Friends from the media, the claim by Dr Bawumia that the Kwame Nkrumah interchange cost $260 million dollars is a barefaced lie. What Dr Bawumia did was that he added the cost of two separate and distinct projects (Kwame Nkrumah Interchange and the Ring Road Flyover) and created the impression as though that was the cost of just one project, the Kwame Nkrumah Interchange. He then proceeded to engage in a pedestrian comparison of the cost of projects, which has a different scope of works and specifications.
This mischief which was peddled by no less a person than the Vice President of the Republic of Ghana is shameful and reprehensible to say the least.
For the records, the cost of the Kwame Nkrumah Interchange project as approved by Parliament and expended by the contractor is 74.8 million euros equivalent to $90 million at the time. This fact is contained in the Parliamentary Hansard of 16th August 2012, when the transaction was approved by the 5th Parliament of Ghana, with the full participation and approval of the then NPP minority.
Ladies and gentlemen of the media, after two (2) years after the Kwame Interchange had been approved by Parliament and construction of the project commenced, the Mahama government on 1st October 2014 laid before Parliament another export credit facility for the design and construction of another project, the Ring Road Flyover, at a cost $170 million. This transaction was approved on 2nd October 2014 by the 6th Parliament of the Republic of Ghana.
It is important to emphasize, that the two projects (the Kwame Nkrumah Interchange and the Ring Road Flyover) are distinct from each other and were separately approved by Parliament at different periods for different purposes. The scope of work of the two projects are totally different, and so it is disingenuous and shameful for Dr Bawumia to lump the cost of the two projects together and create the impression that same is inflated.
If Bawumia has any modicum of respect for Ghanaians, he will honourably do the needful by retracting and apologising for this lie which has further lowered his fast-sinking reputation and sullied his integrity and that of the high office he occupies.
MEDIOCRE PROJECTS CELEBRATED BY AKUFO-ADDO AS ACHIEVEMENTS
Friends from the media, the NDC as a Social Democratic Party appreciates the varying need for projects such as boreholes, poly-tanks, speed ramps, urinals, one-seat unplastered toilets, kitchens, wooden bridges among others at the micro level to serve the needs of our rural folk. This is why thousands of such projects were delivered across the country from 2009-2016 by the Mills and Mahama NDC governments to ameliorate the plight of our rural folks. However, we do not think that it is right for a government that has had access to an unprecedented resource envelope of over GHS370 billion to showcase and celebrate such relatively less substantive projects as achievements.
At best, Unit Committee and Assembly Members should be allowed to take credit for such mundane initiatives. Ghanaians deserve better for the unprecedented resources that have accrued to the Akufo-Addo government in the last three and half years of being in office. As it is often said, to whom much is given, much is expected. Akufo-Addo should, therefore, be showcasing more substantive and significant projects for the unprecedented resources he has had.
Ladies and gentlemen of the media, may I now invite you to take a look at the very mediocre projects that are being celebrated as achievements by the Akufo-Addo government on their delivery tracker website.
DR. BAWUMIA’S FALSE CLAIMS ABOUT ABANDONED MAHAMA PROJECTS
Distinguished friends from the media, Dr Bawumia created a false impression during his presentation, that the Akufo Addo-government has completed all infrastructural projects they inherited from the Mahama government and that claims that they have abandoned most of these projects are false. Nothing could be farther from the truth than this claim by Dr Bawumia.
Even though a handful of Mahama projects have been completed by this government upon incessant pressure from the opposition, the media, and traditional authorities, the evidence show that thousands of infrastructural projects such as roads, E-Blocks and other educational facilities, hospitals and health facilities bequeathed to this government by the Mahama administration still remain abandoned and have been left to rot across the length and breadth of the country. We have a list of hundreds of these abandoned Mahama projects scattered across the country that we couldn’t capture in this statement for want of space and time but can furnish each of you with it upon your request.
BAWUMIA’S CLAIM THAT THE AKUFO ADDO GOVERNMENT HAS PERFORMED BETTER THAN THE MAHAMA GOVERNMENT.
As for Bawumia’s claim, that the Akufo Addo-government has done better than the Mahama government, I am sure you all know by now that that assertion is a joke that should not be given any serious attention by any discerning mind. Throughout last week, we in the NDC, led by my brother Felix Ofosu Kwakye, have shredded this false claim with indisputable evidence and demonstrated that President Mahama has a far superior and towering record of achievements in all sectors of the nation that completely dwarfs the mediocre accomplishments of his successor, President Akufo Addo. Hence, we will not belabour the point today. If our friends in the NPP are still in doubt about this fact, then they should simply encourage their leader, President Akufo Addo to accept the challenge by H.E John Mahama for a debate on their respective records of delivery at a place, time and with moderators and timekeepers of his choice. Perhaps only then, will they see their “smoothness level”.
As we wait against all hope to see whether President Akufo Addo will accept this challenge, we would like to humbly entreat you, our friends in the media and anybody who is interested in the truth, to compare and contrast the so-called achievements of this government outlined by Dr Bawumia and their delivery tracker, which in most cases are either ghost, stolen or mediocre projects, to the tangible achievements of the Mahama administration contained in the famous green book, a soft copy of which you can easily download from the internet by clicking this link; https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mhnQ6wLc1SzBxH_2u2UBaEB_S9gWIO_P/view. And you will no doubt come to the conclusion that President Mahama’s achievements in all sectors of the nation tower far above that of President Akufo Addo.
Friends from the media, one may ask why President Akufo Addo has very little to show for the unprecedented resources he has had in the last three and a half years. The answer is simple and that is, President Akufo-Addo has very little to show for the unprecedented resources that have accrued to his government because he has favoured investments in consumption, corruption and wasteful expenditures since he assumed office to the detriment of Capital expenditure and the productive sectors of the economy.
The paucity of investment in infrastructure by President Akufo-Addo across the board, is amply reflected in the decline of Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) to GDP ratio from 4.5% in 2016 to a paltry 1.5% in 2019. Akufo Addo’s shambolic performance in office is the reason why he is unwilling to debate President John Dramani Mahama on their respective records in office and on issues that matter to the Ghanaian people.
It is therefore bizarre, that in spite of his woefully abysmal performance, President Akufo-Addo is asking the good people of this country for four (4) more years. Four (4) more years to steal more as we witnessed in the BOSTGATE, missing excavators and tricycles, PPA, NYA, and Australia Visa Fraud scandals. Four more years to borrow more for “chop chop”. Four more years to travel in rented private jets at a cost of $17,000 per hour to the state. Four more years of deception and broken promises. Four more years of economic hardships. Four more years to collapse more businesses and jobs. Four more years of divisiveness, ethnocentrism and alienation of Ghanaians. Four more years of lawlessness, intolerance and violence. Four more years of bastardization of state institutions and harassment of the Auditor General and journalists. Four more years to enrich his family and friends at the expense of the state like we saw in the PDS scam, and we are now seeing in the new Asaase-Agyapa Royalties scam. Ghanaians know too well that President Akufo Addo doesn’t mean well for this nation and cannot endure four (4) years of his maladministration.
NPP 2020 MANIFESTO LAUNCH
Ladies and gentlemen, after delivering just a miserable 14% of their 631 manifesto promises, with a whopping 86% of those promises remaining unfulfilled, the President and his men were at it again in Cape Coast this weekend.
One would have thought that Saturday’s charade of a manifesto launch by the NPP would have been preceded by an honest and sincere apology to the Ghanaian people by President Akufo-Addo himself for failing to honour an overwhelming majority of his promises such as has never been seen in the annals of Ghana’s history. But as usual, he chose the path of deception in the hope that he will be second time lucky with well-decorated lies and political chicanery. God being so good, he has been exposed so much such that every Ghanaian who followed the manifesto launch knows that the entire exercise was a scam calculated for votes and nothing more.
Friends from the media, one thing that has made this grand deception more manifest is the 2020 manifesto promise of President Akufo-Addo to construct an ultramodern Airport at Cape Coast. In an interview on Cape Coast-based Atlantic FM on Friday, 21st August 2020 ahead of their manifesto launch, President Akufo Addo made the point that an airport in Cape Coast is not yet justified given the close proximity of Cape Coast to the Capital City of Accra and Takoradi both of which have airports. Yet, in less than 24 hours at the manifesto launch in Cape Coast, his Vice. Dr Bawumia announced a promise to the people of Cape Coast that they will build an ultramodern airport and harbour for them if elected.
This begs the question as to what sort of feasibility was conducted on the Cape Coast Airport project between the time President Akufo Addo spoke on Atlantic FM and the manifesto launched. Just like this kneejerk deceptive promise, the entire 2020 manifesto of the NPP is a 419 promise intended for votes and not meant to be kept.
In all humility, we will like to implore the good people of Ghana to dismiss this 419 NPP manifesto ab initio. This is because, President Akufo-Addo, his Vice Dr Bawumia and the entire NPP establishment cannot be trusted to deliver on their promises. If President Akufo Addo could break 86% of his first term manifesto promises when he knew he will be seeking a second mandate from the Ghanaian people, then how many of his latest 2020 manifesto promises will he break if elected, now that he will not be seeking another mandate for Ghanaians again? Your guess is as good as mine.
Another point which is worthy of note is the deafening silence of all the speakers at the launch on the issue of corruption and nepotism, which for us, is ample testament to the fact the fight against corruption and nepotism has been totally lost under Akufo Addo, the “Chief Corruption Clearing Agent”. Indeed today, his promise to protect the public purse and not to operate a family and friends government, all lie in tatters, trampled upon with indescribable contempt. Akufo Addo has normalized corruption and nepotism in a way never seen in the 63-year history of Ghana and must be kicked out of office come 7th December 2020.
Ghanaians can simply not forgive the Akufo-Addo government for the naked thievery they have perpetrated on the nation through the stinking PDS scandal, The “BOSTGATE” five (5) million litres of contaminated fuel scandal, THE PPA scandal, (which was referred to the Special Prosecutor a year ago and has been thrown under the carpet just like many others) The Australian VISA fraud scandal, The Charles Bissue Galamsey fraud scandal, The 500 missing Excavators and the missing tricycles scandal and recently, the Asaase-Agyapa scandal which seeks to steal millions of dollars for a few family members and cronies of President Akufo-Addo.
Also, Ghanaians can simply not forgive President Akufo Addo for his numerous failed promises such as; the one million dollars per constituency every year, 1D1F, 1V1D, double-digit GDP growth, reduced borrowing, move Ghana from taxation to production, One district one hospital, one district one market, one region one theatre, free WiFi for secondary and tertiary institutions and the several hundreds of their 2016 manifesto promises, all of which remain unfulfilled till date.
Friends from the media, the 2020 manifesto of the NPP offers no hope and failed to address the aspirations of Ghanaians. This has been manifestly evident from the nonchalant reception it has received from the general public since it was launched.
Our beloved country is at a crossroads, and urgently requires honest, visionary, modest, caring, competent and selfless leadership that invests in developmental projects and creates equal opportunities for all and not a select few. Leadership that we can trust, for trust matters. And that, we can find in none other than H.E John Dramani Mahama, THE NATION BUILDER.
It is glaringly clear, that Akufo Addo and his NPP will not be second time lucky with lies and “419” promises in this year’s general elections. Today, majority of Ghanaians know that the John Mahama-led Rescue Mission is their only hope for the inclusive transformation, true progress we are all yearning for. Ghanaians are waiting for President John Dramani Mahama to deliver:
* Free Primary Health Care, to provide free health care at the District Hospital level to CHPS compounds.
* One million jobs for the teeming unemployed people of this country.
* Pay all depositors of the collapsed financial institutions their locked-up funds and restore indigenous participation and collapsed jobs in the banking and financial sector
* The Big Push which will ensure a US$10billion investment in infrastructure development in order to create sustainable jobs for Ghanaians.
* The National Apprenticeship program under which, any Ghanaian desirous to learn a craft will be enrolled and trained by a master-craftsperson for free, paid monthly stipends for their accommodation, transportation and feeding, and set up with the necessary tool-kits upon their successful completion of the apprenticeship program.
* Introduce Free TVET up to the tertiary level.
* Legalise the “Okada” commercial motorbike transport services, to create jobs for the teeming unemployed youth of Ghana.
* scrap corporate income tax for small-scale businesses and new medium-scale businesses who employ 20 people and above, as well as reduce corporate income tax from 25%-15% for all existing medium-scale businesses aimed at enabling them to plough back their profits into expanding their businesses and employ more young people”.
* Reduce the size of government and channel savings from same into the payment of Assembly Members.
* Create opportunities for all and not just a select few family and friends.
Ghanaians are disappointed in Akufo Addo and are waiting to vote for, THE TRUSTWORTHY NATION BUILDER, John Dramani Mahama because he offers a better program with a solid and unparalleled track-record of delivery.